Litigation, Employment Law, Commercial Transactions
David Simon is an accomplished litigator whose practice has a primary emphasis on commercial, employment, construction and tort claims. Mr. Simon has extensive experience handling cases from pleadings through trial. He represents individuals, businesses and municipalities before all courts of general jurisdiction in New York State, federal district courts, bankruptcy courts, agencies, commissions and alternative dispute resolution (ADR) forums. Mr. Simon also maintains an exceptional record of success handling appeals.
Mr. Simon is able to quickly learn new areas of law and procedure to provide creative solutions and litigation strategies for his clients. He also counsels individuals and businesses in employment-related matters including trade secret protection, covenants not-to-compete, and buy-outs of shareholders and members in close corporations and limited liability companies.
Among his notable achievements, Mr. Simon served as plaintiffs’ Property Damage Liaison Counsel in related NYC chemical explosion cases coordinated by the Litigation Coordinating Panel in Pavon v. 19th Street Associates, LLC, Index No. 112017/02, (Sup. Ct., N.Y. Co.); defended a major, full-service brokerage firm in approximately 100 expedited arbitration cases as part of a Securities and Exchange Commission settlement; served as Special Litigation Counsel for the Town of Lewisboro in Westchester County, New York; and has acted as General Counsel for a number of emerging internet, software development and technology consulting firms.
Before joining Hogan & Rossi, Mr. Simon worked as a Senior Analyst for Lehman Brothers in its Fixed Income Division, clerked for the Hon. Budd G. Goodman, NYS Supreme Court Justice (Criminal Term), was an associate at the Law Office of David W. Schmidt in New York City, and maintained a solo practice in South Salem, New York.
- New York
United States Court of Appeals
- Second Circuit
United States District Courts
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
- Northern District of New York
- Garcia v. Davis, 53 A.D.3d 525, 861 N.Y.S.2d 754 (2d Dept. 2008) (auto Dealer
estopped from denying ownership of vehicle bearing its dealership license plates).
- Healey v. Town of East Fishkill, 50 A.D.3d 799, 855 N.Y.S.2d 239 (2d Dept. 2008)
- Old Salem Development Group, Ltd. v. Town of Fishkill, 301 A.D.2d 639, 754
N.Y.S.2d 333, (2d Dept. 2003) (Unjust Enrichment).
- Duke & Benedict, Inc. v. Town of Southeast, 253 A.D.2d 877, 678 N.Y.S.2d 343
(2d Dept. 1998) (SEQRA).
- Satler v. Merlis, 252 A.D.2d 551, 675 N.Y.S.2d 644 (2d Dept. 1998)
- People v. Frey, 2002 WL 1415823, 2002 N.Y. Slip Op. 40273(U)
(N.Y.Sup.App.Term, 9th and 10th Judicial Districts, 2002) (Child Endangerment).
- Commercial Litigation
- Employment Law
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
- Property Damage
- Construction Law
- Securities Litigation
- Municipal Law
- Appellate Practice
- J.D., New York Law School, 1993
- B.A., St. Lawrence University,1988
- Articles Editor, New York Law School Journal of Human Rights, 1992-1993
- Member, New York Law School Journal of Human Rights, 1991-1992
- Dean’s List, St. Lawrence University